Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Walk-through

I should  have made this video before we started taking stuff apart...but I didn't.  You can still get an idea of what Rosie looks like right now.  There is a bunk bed couch but I already took out the bottom seat.  The floor is just plywood that the PO polyurethaned.  I did  find bits and pieces of some lovely orangy-yellow shag carpeting stuffed up under the woodwork... the green they put in was not an improvement.  We also found many feathers and an entire bird stuffed halfway up the duct-work for the heater...which explained most of the smell.  The smell also seems to  improve with each bit of upholstery we remove.  Bleaching the water tank helped too.  Once she comes back from the mechanic we are driving her to Little Compton RI to spend the winter in a nice big barn.  We are hoping to get her painted within the next couple of weeks if the weather cooperates.  I am going to get to work on all the upholstery over the winter at the house to avoid any mousy damage.  It's a big job but I think if we tackle it piece by piece we won't go totally insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment